Basically a concierge service. Sounds fancy right? Well it's quite simple:
- Send us a link to an item you want to buy online, along with enough crypto, precious metals or cash to cover the cost plus a small service fee.
- We purchase the item for you and it arrives at your door a few days later. Easy!
We can even ship the item to our address first then forward it to you. This completely hides your identity from the merchant. You can think of this like a VPN
for physical goods. Check out our interview on Crypto Fireside
for the full back story.
Is it legal to go up to someone in a parking lot, give them cash, and ask them to buy something for you? If you're a child asking to buy alcohol, probably not. That's why we only deal with the kind of items you see on Amazon. See below
for more details. You might say this parking lot example is silly. Why would someone do that? But many stores now have sophisticated camera systems with facial recognition which syncs up your identity with your purchasing history, even if you use cash. So it depends on how much you care about your privacy. Many people are starting to realize that "I have nothing to hide"
isn't working anymore.
A fixed fee of $5.00 plus 5% of item price + shipping. For example if you want to purchase something on Amazon that costs $50.00, and shipping to your door costs $7.00, then the total price is $57.00 + $5.00 + $57.00*.05 = $64.85. If paying with silver or gold, we'll figure out the closest denomination and you can make up any difference with cash.
- Option One: We have the item shipped directly to you from the online merchant. This means we give Amazon, eBay, etc. your shipping address upon checkout, in case that matters for your privacy.
- Option Two: We have it shipped first to our Virtual PO Box service, then have our service forward it to you. We do not handle the package personally. This is a more private option but obviously costs more.
- Option Three: Get a PO Box yourself and use a pseudonym along with a one-time-use email address like temp-mail.org or onetimeusemail.com. This is the most private option, especially when combined with Option Two.
We accept most major cryptocurrencies as well as silver and gold or even cash in the mail. Private cryptocurrencies like Monero and Pirate Chain are preferred both for your benefit and ours. If you have another store of value or currency you're interested in using, let us know, we're flexible.
Anything legally available online in the USA. So pretty much anything available on sites like Amazon and eBay. If a site accepts credit card and ships to the United States, it's probably fair game. There are some grey areas like alcohol, medications, and weapons that we will not deal with. Only very "innocent" items please. If you're unsure, just submit a purchase request and we'll let you know.
You can't! Trust is only confirmed when an item actually arrives at your door. Beyond that, all the guarantees in the world aren't worth anything. As the service grows we will evaluate ways to improve confidence such as linking to a third party review site and escrow services. Until then you are taking a risk. But here's a secret: everything's a risk!
Many services like CoinGate
let you buy gift cards with cryptocurrency, then you can use those gift cards on sites like Amazon. This SEEMS just as good as using Virtual Private Shopper, but most cryptocurrencies are very easily attached to your identity because of public blockchains. Which means the gift card is also attached to your identity. So these types of gift cards are not as private as they seem. Services like CoinCards
DO let you use Monero (a private cryptocurrency), but there are still dozens of ways your identity can leak, not to mention, you can't hide your shipping address
like with VPS.
No, we keep no records of any correspondence or purchase information once everything is settled. Your information is stored encrypted in our database
initially, but is deleted as soon as you receive your item. If you would like, we are glad to accept an order through Session
, or Telegram
for more information about how seriously we take your data.